CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Happy Birthday Addilyn!

I cant believe this little girl has been around for a year already!!! I don't know how I feel about her turning one, I am not sad and it doesn't bring back any crazy memories from the hospital, Maybe that was because I really had the perfect labor story. All I can recall of when Addie was born was when they laid her down on my chest for the first time Darrell and I just gazed at her like, "I cant believe this is happening." It all happened so fast and perfect its hard to remember much other than the comfort and love we felt when seeing our baby girl for the first time. We were not sure what to do and the doctor said, "Its okay you can touch her," ha ha I think we were in awe of the beautiful baby girl that God had given us.

Now a year later she has such a personality and shows how much she loves us. When you hear her giggle it just brings happiness to life. We love her so much and cant imagine our lives without her.
This morning we woke up at 6:45 and went on a walk! In the summer this is the best time to go outside!! I love it! The air has a little bite to it but not quite cold enough that you need a sweatshirt. As Darrell and I were strolling Addie out onto the sidewalk was when it occurred to me, "Addie is ONE!" So we decided to walk on over to the park and let Addie swing and slide a bit. She loved it. As she swung we would pretend she was kicking us and she would giggle like none other. We headed back home and I made her a German Pancake! Oh does she love German Pancakes! She yelled at me the whole time it was cooking and especially once it was cooling on the counter. She wanted it now! She scarfed down half the pancake in no time. I decided to give her some applesauce and since she is one now its time to practice using a spoon. Lets just say she is not pro that's for sure. I usually help her get something on the spoon but getting it to her mouth was her job. Majority of the time the applesauce barely made it to her mouth and half dribbled down her stomach. Good thing we took a bath this morning, syrup and spoon practice is a very messy ordeal.

She absolutely loves the bath... mainly when the water is running. She just sits by the faucet fascinated by the stream of water pouring down. She use to love playing with the drain and am I grateful that stage is over, Yuck! This morning was somewhat of an adventure in the tub. She was playing great, but than I began to see bubbles in the tub... not the liquid bubble bath but gas bubbles. I'm like oh no! so I grab her and fling her onto the toilet. She doesn't mind sitting on it for a few seconds, but than she gets bored. We begin singing the ABC's a b c d e f g.... and she is poking my eyes, h i j k l m n o... now trying to put self in toilet legs and all.... p q r s t... finally she relieves herself a little and u v w x y z .. by this time she is done and wanting off so I clean her up and back into the tub she goes. wow. The best part is that we didn't have to drain and clean out the tub. After her bath she was pretty tired. She let me do her hair really cute and got some clothes on and now she is down for a nap.

Wow what a morning. Its amazing how much you can get done getting up at 6:30 in the morning. Now here I am blogging, I have to blog while she is sleeping or Addie would do the typing and no one would understand a word. Hopefully I can get this blog caught up a bit and than finish some of the last few things to get ready for Addie's Party on Saturday!



2 comments:

Malissa and Gershom said...

Happy Birthday to Addie! YAY! Brea her hair is SO cute!! I love it, and it inspires me to get more creative with Ayda!

Erin Despain said...

Okay, wow. The only thing I have to say is how in the world do you get Addie to stay still while you do her hair? Allisyn will NOT hold still. I can barely get a clip in her hair, so most days she just goes without any cute hair-dos.

Happy birthday, Addie!

Post a Comment